Guidelines for Guest Posts at America Adopts!
Do you have an open adoption story?
We’d love to post it on our blog and share it with our online community.
The choice of topic is up to you. We accept original, unique stories that haven’t been previously published.
The length of your blog is also up to you. We suggest around 600-800 words. Some suggested topics are included below.
Please include a photo of yourself, a one- or two-sentence autobiographical description, along with a link to your blog or website, and any relevant photos.
You’re more than welcome to post a link to your story on your blog after it has been published on ours.
Send your submission, or any questions you may have, to Lawrence, our community manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re a hopeful adoptive parent or adoptive parent, you may want to consider writing about:
- The turning point in your open adoption journey
- What you’ve learned about the process so far
- How your understanding of open adoption has changed since you started the process
- The challenges you’ve faced (failed adoption match, a “birthmother” scam”) and how you’ve overcome them
- Any advice you have for others who are just starting out or trying to connect with expectant parents
If you’re an expectant parent or birth parent, you might want to consider writing on a variation of one of the topics above or feel free to come up with your own. Here are some suggestions:
- Your first impression of open adoption and how it has changed since your placement
- How you chose an adoptive family for your baby
- The best/worst part of the process
- What expectant parents, birth parents and/or (hopeful) adoptive parents need to know about open adoption
- How the process could be changed and/or improved for expectant parents and birth parents
Thanks for your interest in guest blogging at America Adopts!