Guidelines for Guest Posts at America Adopts!
If you have an open adoption story, we’d love to share it.
The topic and length is up to you. We suggest around 600-800 words.
Please include a photo of yourself and a short autobiographical description, along with a link to your blog or website.
Send your submission to Lawrence, our community manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re a hopeful adoptive parent or adoptive parent, you may want to consider writing about:
- The turning point in your open adoption journey
- What you’ve learned about the process so far
- How your understanding of open adoption changed since you started
- Any advice you have for others
- The challenges you’ve faced and how you’ve overcome them
If you’re an expectant parent or birth parent, you might want to consider writing on a variation of one of the topics above or feel free to come up with your own. Here are some suggestions:
- Your first impression of open adoption and how it has changed since your placement
- How you chose an adoptive family for your baby
- The best/worst part of the process
- What expectant parents, birth parents and/or (hopeful) adoptive parents need to know about open adoption
- How the process could be changed and/or improved for expectant parents and birth parents
Thanks for your interest in guest blogging at America Adopts!